Monday, July 20, 2009

Lindsay at Camp

Bunk Sweet Bunk
Lindsay's first year of overnight camp...I'm only slightly freaking out. I would just LOVE to know what has gone on in her mind during her first resident camp. I enjoyed the drop-off and build-up to one last hug before we just walked away from the campers.

I'm not sure if the girls or moms were more excited about them getting to sleep in the treehouses!

I worked my tail off getting Lindsay ready for camp and don't you know, I didn't think to try on her tennis shoes before packing. Flip flops have been the shoe of choice since school let out. Fortunately we discovered they didn't fit before we even made it out of the car (three hours from home) and I happened to have an extra set of watershoes she could wear during the week.

We got to go to their cabin and help them set up their bunk and gear. I think we lasted a full 10 minutes before we were sweated out. It was so muggy and not a bit of wind was moving. How shocking to think that some kids go to camp in states without unbearable heat -- what lightweights.
Now I've got my fingers crossed that I'll actually get a letter from her. I certainly won't hold my breath since I'm pretty sure I would just pass out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I'm so excited and jealous of Lindsay's camp! How exciting to go to camp and sleep in a treehouse, no less! I know I always loved being away from it all. What camp is she attending?

10:55 PM  
Blogger darlene said...

What fun for Lindsay. She is having a wonderful time, I'm sure.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Emily and Andy said...

I can't believe she is already old enough to be at camp away from home! I am sure she will have a great time.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home