Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Remember, Jonathan

I hope you remember the day when I gave you a list of homework that needed to be done before you could play. You did your best until a great wind came along and swept you outside. I could have tethered you down, but instead I let it sweep you outside. The whole neighborhood was outside joyfully relishing the crazy weather. As a child, it must be wonderful to run and become one with the wind. Adults forget these things and lose interest in experiencing "the wild joy of living".

So, remember this day, Jonathan. I hope you will also let your kids run rampant when the wild winds call them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Lela. It brought tears to my eyes. Coincidently, Jonathan just blew by me in the kitchen - on the run from a mad rubber band gunman. Thanks for your lovely words.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home