Monday, June 09, 2008

Okay in Tokyo


Seven Die in Tokyo Knife Attack

Generally I don't freak out when an event happens in another country and I happen to know someone there. Tokyo's a big city and my brother lives in the outskirts -- why would I worry?

Well, as one article reported about the location of the attack, "The area is also a "must-go" for Japanese "anime" fans visiting stores selling comics and figures of various anime characters."

And that is my brother and his girlfriend to a "T". Turns out I DID need to worry a bit as the horrible crime took place right by his RPG shop (don't worry if you don't know what that stands for.) He and his girlfriend are freaked out by the event, but fortunately they weren't there that day. Whew.

3 Comments:

Blogger darlene said...

Lela, how scary is that. It really is a small world.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yikes!! There are really just some crazy people out there. Glad they're safe!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

There are crazy people out there. And I want to add how much I LOVE that pic (from an ealier post) of Dylan in front of the Alamo. You should enter that in a photo contest as it's magazine worthy for Texas!!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home