Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Anthony Bourdain -- No Reservations

I get such a kick out of his show. I definitely agree with his (I think his) line, "Be a traveler, not a tourist."

While he is very irreverent, he is a surprisingly gracious guest most everywhere he goes. He never really sneers at local fare, but does see the humor in some of what he is offered.

Some shows aren't as memorable, but because he often visits places off the the beaten path, I learn something from most all of them even the Los Angeles and South Florida episodes.

Favorite snarky shows (to be updated as I watch all the ones I have recorded)
Namibia
Uzbekistan
Vietnam
Malaysia
Shanghai
New Orleans
Hong Kong -- if only to watch the noodle maker

He seems to really love his Asian trips or Asian food so they are all pretty good. I think it makes him a bit more reverent and not so snarky, but I like snarky! While I didn't get many laughs from watching the Singapore espisode. It did make me miss our overseas opportunity all the more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home