Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Miss that Fun Spirit


What a vision. Sick as a dog, she got those goofy braids in Cancun and here she was a few weeks later with two sweet grandsons in Colorado. I'm so glad we took the time to go to Cancun even though my she was so tired and sick from the cancer. I must have really wanted to go because I took a five year old, three year old and 4 month old, my mom with cancer and her twin sister who is in a wheelchair -- whew! I'll remember that trip forever though.


I thought I would miss her less two years later, but I think I just keep missing her more. Nevertheless, I'm so happy for all the fun times and travels we had together. Every day I have a lot to live up to as I raise my four munchkins.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...so this left me in a puddle. What a great picture and memory.


Laura

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, Lela! I hear you. I miss my Mama, too.

I hope you keep a favorite photo of your pretty mother where you can see her smile at you daily - and you can smile back.

Remember: "God gave us memories so we can have roses in winter and our mothers forever." (wish I knew who said that)

Huge hugs - Barbara

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

(((HUGS))) I was thinking a lot about her and you this week!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

What a wonderful memory - and what a great smile! Keeping you in my thoughts.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home