Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Demise of a Dream

Well, we have finally heard that in the company reorg Jason's Singapore boss IS being summoned back to the Mother Ship. I think my moving overseas dream has just about shriveled up now.

Jason was offered some great job today, which is good for him. The company gets a change, the boss gets a change, Jason gets a change, but I'm stuck doing the same old, same old. Not that I want to have too much of a pity party for myself since my life is pretty sweet, but I was REALLY looking forward to jazzing it up. Starting in high school, every couple of years I would live overseas in some capacity. It went from a week in a Japanese exchange home up to a year when we lived in Africa (in between was various amounts of time in Central America, Germany and Austria). Africa was 10 years ago and I am SO itching to travel and live overseas again!

Sigh... I better start dreaming. I wonder if my mother-in-law would move in for a month so I could go do one of those Spanish immersion programs in Guatemala? Hummmmm....better get to researching that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lela, sorry things didn't work out with the move overseas. I know that Kristen was also looking forward to having a friend to visit in a far away place. Hopefully another opportunity will come up in the future.

Paige

8:06 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Lela- So sorry! I know you all must be bummed, but at least you got a great trip out of the deal! Maybe it will present itself again...love the pic of you and Lyvi!

Take care
Stacy Hathaway

8:26 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Sorry that it didn't work out for you guys this time. But I am positive that we'll see you guys heading overseas in the next few years - the draw is just too strong for you! You will make it happen whether it is a short trip or a longer stay!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, phooey! You know that when God closes a door, there's an open window somewhere. Have a lovely time finding it! I'm sure you would not have such a loving, open heart if you were not meant to do something special in some place just perfect for you. I remember hearing that "Ministry is where your heart's desire meets the world's deepest need." Wish I could remember who said that.

As a family, you did have a womderful adventure in Singapore and I'll bet the "What I did on summer vacation" essays were corkers from your kids! ;) They could stretch the dates a bit, right?

Hang in there!

Huge hugs! Barbara :D

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home