Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick Update about Nothing

Thanks to everyone checking on us! I don't seem to be home long enough to respond to email so I wanted to let you know we still know nothing and it will probably be 3-4 weeks before we hear anything. That 3-4 week timeline is here to stay, too. Consistently assuming it is that far out may help keep me from being disappointed (in 3-4 weeks.) I don't think Jason is able to hoist a flag anywhere around work to see which way the wind is blowing either.

The good news is that we are crashing into the end of summer with one fun activity after another. How the kids are going to be able to get up at 6:30 in a little over a week after their parents keep running them ragged is a mystery I need to set about solving soon, but I'm heading off again!

The fact that I am still suffering from jet lag acquired on a ruse of a trip is a bit frustrating. To take four kids on a journey to the other side of the world because you might be moving there is okay. For it to be in vain is still a bit hard to swallow. I try to roll with the punches, but I'm in charge of the details of our life and I don't know if I need to be signing the kids up for activities here or there. All those decisions about boy scouts, girl scouts, music and sports lessons are coming up and it takes a lot of energy to formulate our extracurricular life. I had already ventured out and bought what school supplies the kids would need for a month and a half of school, but now I am in limbo about what else to purchase. I also signed up for services we now might not need so I'm reluctant to add more things that may/may not be cancelled.

I'm on the go so much right now I think I'll just continue to take things one trip at a time - now that doesn't sound so bad!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your hearts! Limbo is such a difficult place to be with all that 4 kids want to do these days.

Can you simplify for a while - including the kid's extra activities? Perhaps have the 3 older kids pick one activity each and they'd have more time to do homework and more free time to play? They need that time to be kids and it would mean less to leave midstream if the move happens. Just a thought.

I vote you head for the hills (after Erin has decided where the floods will be, of course) and visit your Dad's new home, circle the wagons, and drink in the peace as often as possible. As my grandmother used to say, sometimes you need to stop and let your soul catch up with your body!! So true!

Huge Hugs! Barbara :D

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home