Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Why do we do this?


I have no idea why some of us must torture the Fed Ex delivery person when they bring us our pictures and referral information, but I couldn't resist! She was a good sport and said she has posed for other adoptive parents in the past. I love having the referral information in my hands even though most of it is in Chinese. Friends summarized it all for us, but I look forward to the translation our agency will send that I can read over and over again. We have lots of things to do in order to travel so I hope to be working on that the next 6 (hopefully not more than 8) weeks.

According to the information in English, she is a deep sleeper (I'll believe it when I see it), smiles a lot and thank goodness "enjoys quiet" was not checked. Some things we will keep private because when she is older she might not want all her information spilled. It is her story to tell as she wants so we want to be able to respect that.

So many families waiting for a referral from China are having to deal with this extra long wait. I am sure it will be different for everyone, but for me I am just so thankful to have this referral that the wait has melted away for the moment -- ask me in a couple of weeks while we wait to travel and I may have a different attitude! I'm enjoying the moment though!

Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to wish us well!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lela!

So happy you posted this address in the LakeShore e-newsletter I read just moments ago! How exciting!

I have other friends waiting for their referrals.

Hugs to you, the family, and the FedEx lady! Barbara :D

3:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That picture makes me feel like I was at the front door with you!!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lela,

So glad to se her pretty little face. Did you know that I have a girl in China also. I sponsor a girl from China through World Vision. She ia a cutie as well.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home